Sunday, January 23, 2011

Down on Dogs

Dear Sammy,

I read your column faithfully, and I think you’re brilliant. I’ve learned so much about other cats, and it really has helped. I do have one complaint. You don’t seem to think much of dogs. I live with two dogs, and they are great. They are intelligent (you should see the tricks they can do), and loyal and funny. While it’s great to be a cat, the house would seem empty without the dogs.

I think if you look a little closer, you’ll see that dogs are good to have around. We should all be able to get along. I’m just asking that you not put them down in your column.

By the way, the dogs in our family read your column, too. Please send them a little love.

Tolerant in Truckee


Dear Tolerant,

Or should I say, Rover. I wasn’t born yesterday. I can tell when a dog it writing to me. A cat would never view being able to do tricks as a admirable quality. You may notice that we get treats without having to roll over. Your letter just proves my point that cats rule, dogs drool.

That being said, I will admit, dogs are not always terrible to have around. I have found them to be quite warm when I there are no laps available. They are amusing to watch when they jump through hoops for a kibble. They provide a convenient taxi when I don’t feel like walking all the way across the room. So yes, dogs do have their uses, and I would miss them if they weren’t around.

I hope you will continue to read my column, and that it helps us all get along.

Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment