Sunday, July 10, 2011

Can't We All Be Friends?

Dear Sammy,

Don’t you have anything good to say about dogs? Don’t get me wrong, I know cats are the superior breed. I would never want to be a dog, but I do live with two dogs, and they aren’t all bad. I’ve grown rather fond of them to be honest. They never complain when I steal their food, and they make nice heaters to sleep next to in the winter.

I’m all for “Cats Rule, Dogs Drool” but hey, you’re a bit hard on our doggy friends. We’re you bitten on the tail as a kitten?

Tolerant in Turlock

Dear Tolerant

You are absolutely right, and maybe I have been a little harsh. When they aren’t being annoying, dogs do serve many purposes, besides the two you mention; a source of extra food and as space heaters. Dogs are great ego boosters (not that we cats need that). They love you even when you shove them off their beds or use their tails as a cat toy. They are great for taking the blame when you break something or chew the curtains. We haven’t quite figured out how to blame them for hairballs, but we’re working on it. Dogs have even been known to provide transportation, thought they do complain about the claws.

One of the biggest services dogs provide is doing the things we cats are too busy to do., like taking our people for walks and doing dumb tricks. When there’s a dog in the house, there’s a lot less pressure on the cat, and we can concentrate on the important things like napping and eating.

While I’m not ready to join Dog Lovers Incorporated, I will admit dogs to have their place, and, don’t quote me on this, sometimes are even nice to have around.

Now, I must go hiss at something.

Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment