Thursday, April 29, 2010

Girlfriend Worries

Dear Sammy,

I think my girlfriend may be cheating on me. When we’re together, things are great. She’s a great mouser and her singing voice can be heard two counties away. If I had to choose just one girlfriend, it would be her. The problem is, when I go visit one of my other girls, I think she’s messing around with other Toms. The signs are subtle, but I can see them. She never calls me by my name “Scat!” she always calls me Tiger. I don’t know if that’s a pet name, or the name of someone’s pet. That’s not all. Sometimes I spot a flash of another tale going around the corner when I come by. And, I think it was a little suspicious that there was a Siamese in our last litter. She’s all black, and I’m a tuxedo. Tell me I’m just being silly.

Suspicious in Susanville

Dear Suspicious,

You’re just being silly. There. Do you feel better. I wouldn’t exactly call it “cheating.” Have you ever heard the phrase “practice makes perfect?” What your girl is doing is making sure she’s in top form when you come calling. Ok, so she may be entertaining a tom or two when you’re making the rounds, but it’s just to ask for advice on how to make you happy. Feline females can’t help it. They so polite, they can’t say no when a guy comes calling. However, you are obviously her main man. Among shelines, “Tiger” is the universally recognized nickname for her number one. And you can’t blame the male cats for trying, cute kitties, especially black ones, are hard to resist. So treat your girl right, and don’t feel you need to tear any other male cat to shreds. By the way, when exactly was that Siamese kitten born?

Keep the love flowing,

Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment