Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Getting Enough Sleep

Dear Sammy,

How is a cat to get enough sleep when her person is forever waking her up to "put her to bed?" I'll be curled comfortably in my basket in front of the fire when my person will rudely drag me out and cart me up the stairs to another basket. Everytime this happens, it takes me at least five minutes to get back to sleep. Her only reason for this outrage is she doesn't want me bothering the bird at night. Oh come on. I've only jumped on the cage in the middle of the night once or twice, or maybe three times, and the precious bird was never in any danger, well not much. The key thing here is I'm missing out on much needed beauty sleep. I'm down to 15 hours a day. I'm sure there are bags under my eyes, under all that fur. What can I do?

Sleepless in Auburn

Dear Sleepless in Auburn,

Why don't you try sleeping in your person's lap? I've found that people will sit for hours without moving just to avoid disturbing the cat. It helps if you do something cute, like move your paws or twitch. Your person will think you're dreaming of chasing rabbits. Once you get really good at cute sleeping, you can make your person sit downstairs all night long.

Good luck and happy dreams.

Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment