Friday, January 15, 2010

Finicky - Not!

Dear Sammy,

I know a proper cat should be finicky about his food, but I’m just so hungry at mealtime, I can help wolfing down every bite. I only get fed twice a day, and not matter how much I beg, I don’t get those lovely scraps from the table. Now my person, thinks he can buy anything on sale and I’ll eat it. The sad thing is, he’s right. How can I control my hunger and at least appear finicky.

Starving in Soledad

Dear Starving,

You are absolutely correct. Any respectable cat is required to put on a show of being finicky. I’ll let you in on a secret though. Most cats really will eat anything. We have developed the finicky tradition in order to get the good stuff.

Here are some tips to make your person think you’re finicky. Do you have any siblings? When you human isn’t looking, eat out of their dish. That way you can leave food in yours. Unless of course, they get the hint and eat your food. This can also work if you know where your neighbors keep their food. (Most cats have an outdoor food dish). Sneak over there for a snack, but be quick and don’t get caught. This doesn’t work so well for indoor cats, unless you know where your person keeps his secret snack stash. As a last resort, paper makes a good filler, chow down on some right before mealtime. I’ve found that library books are actually quite tasty.

Cheow,

Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment