Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year's Musing

Dear Readers,

As we start a new year, I want to take the time to reflect on the things that have made me happy this year.

I like when my person sleeps late on weekends. We cuddle up on the bed and watch the Food Network until we see something we want to make for brunch. It usually involves bacon.

My brothers and sister make me happy because I can almost always blame one of them when I do something perfectly acceptable to me, but not so much to my people.

Winter makes me happy because there’s always a fire by which to relax. Spring makes me happy because that’s when there are plenty of birds to watch through the window. Summer makes me happy because it’s naturally a lazy time. And Autumn makes me happy because it smells so good.

I like watching Animal Planet, especially “It’s Me or the Dog.” Too bad they always choose the dog.

I love movie night because it means popcorn. I love popcorn!

I’m happy that there are cat beds and cushion strategically located all through the house. I never have to go far when I feel a nap attack coming on.

Mostly, I’m grateful for my people. Despite some of their silly rules (stay off the kitchen counters) they were easy to train and are great to have around.

Happy New Year to Cats, People and even Dogs!

Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment